Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Demonstrative Speech

I did my demonstrative speech on how to do a pirouette. Some things I did well on were my organization. From the last speech I think I was better prepared and I had a more interesting hook. My transitions for the steps were smooth and easy to understand. I think the strongest part of my speech was how I 'dumbed down' the technical terms for people who don't know about dance to be able to understand the steps. This part was the hardest part because I wanted to make sure everyone understood my steps, so I am glad that I was successful in that.

Some things I think I should improve on still were how many times I said 'like'. On my last speech I said that a lot as well and even though I tried to focus on fixing that, when I get up there and am nervous it is a habit. I think to break that habit I should practice my speech more at home and not let there be any pauses because thats when the 'likes' slip in. I also thought I needed to slow down my talking this time. I thought that having a friend up there with me would make the speech easier but now I don't think that is true so in the future I wont be using live help. The main thing I want to improve is how I kept saying 'like' so I am planning to fix that in my next speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment